Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Way With Words

I don't get it.
Words can have so much power.
They can influence a mind.
They can win over a nation.
They can break someone down more than any weapon in the world.
But they aren't always like that.
Sometimes the words are nothing.
They're cheap.
No matter what you say they make no difference.



But the same meaningless words can mean so much, it just all depends on when they're used.
"I'm sorry."
They can make the difference. They can be empty.

Some words are used more than they should be.
"Love"
No one ever seems to use this word the way it should be anymore.
Just because someone picked your pencil up for you doesn't mean you love them.



I always wished I could be a master of words. I always want to be able to say the right things at the right time. But I guess that's something we have to continue to learn. To get better at. And until that day comes, I guess I'll just have to deal with my awkward moments and my inability to find the choice words to seal the deal. 

Just a thought.

4 comments:

  1. i like this. teach me to be a better blogger?
    p.s. this is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hunter, you're better with words than you think.
    you get better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing more awkward than an English Fifa commentator going "OOOOHHH" when someone rips the immaculate strike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait until you get out in the world of work. You realize how words cut, hurt and denigrate or heal, help and motivate. Regardless, most people don't realize the power in being a wordsmith!

    Good for you to realize it now and not when your old (and I mean MORE than 70 - haha). Rock on Stu!

    ReplyDelete