Friday, November 5, 2010

Patience

Sooo I was sitting here trying to think about what I could blog about, and I immediately thought about just talking about what I'm doing, what I'm going to be doing, what I've done, etc. But really I don't see the point in typing about something that I don't feel like writing about. So I figured I'd just kind of let my thoughts flow out of my head because well, I think about things too much and it helps a lot to just get them all out right? So I guess this is just a warning that any posts might be kind of weird. Don't be alarmed if things start sounding really depressing and emo. Haha. Anyway.

I've been thinking a lot about my own future lately, and, more specifically, thinking about everything that I want to do with film in my future. I was able to get into the class I need for a prerequisite for the film program this semester, and hopefully I'll be able to get into the program for my first semester back after my mission. I'm really worried about it because of the uncertainty. If I don't get in I don't really have much of a backup plan, heck I don't really have that great of a plan to begin with. I'm really glad that I have an opportunity to serve a mission, not only because I'll get a chance to share something I love with other people, but because of how much it will help me to grow up and give me a clearer picture of my future. So even though I don't really have any more time, I still have time. Which is a weird concept.

After about a month of being at BYU I went to a majors fair and walked around past all of the booths, as I was walking I passed every single booth. I looked at all the engineering, the mathematics, the doctors-- I just couldn't see myself doing any of those things. I stopped at the media arts station and spoke with one of the girls who were in the film program. I just know that that's what I should do. Things can get complicated but it's something I really believe in. So we'll just have to see what happens with that won't we?

Anyway, sidenote- I'm going to the Real Salt Lake vs. FC Dallas playoff game this Saturday and I'm freaking excited! That's all.

2 comments: