Friday, October 8, 2010

Going Away To College

Well, I finally made it! I'm officially a current student at BYU (Brigham Young University). I figured that now that I'm out here I might as well follow Breeann's example and start blogging too! School has been crazy busy since I've been out here. I've met so many people and had the chance to do so many cool things. So I'll see how well I can cover all of that. SO. Here goes.

August 23
Arrive in Utah and help Big Sis move in.

 and then after that everything pretty much just runs together...


 Now that I'm no longer at home these girls are my family! This is us at Sunday dinner at Breeann and her roommate Kaitlin's apartment. Pretty sweet.
 At the LSU vs. BYU Women's soccer game... they tied 1-1. Guess I can't complain about that.


 Two of my favorite people here at BYU! Lauren and Jessica, I'm so glad I met them and have been able to spend so much time with them. HUNGERED

These are a few more really cool people, Brenton (in the yellow and one of my roommates), Dallin (in the blue, he lives a floor below us), and Carson (in the red, my fellow soccer player roommate).
I joined an intramural team along with my roommate Carson! And we are yet to win a game.... but I'm super excited to be playing again! Definitely better than nothing.

I got to go to a SafetySuit concert.. for FREE!

 
We went up to Salt Lake for conference.. and of course no trip is complete without a jumping picture in front of the temple... naturally.
One weekend, a big group of my friends all decided to climb Mt. Timpanogos and reach the top for sunrise. It took us about 5 hours to get to the top in the dark, and about 2 hours to get back down after sunrise. I still can't decide if it was worth it, but we still got some pretty sweet pictures and had a really good time!





It was really cold and windy up there...

So I guess in a really short abbreviated version that's everything I've been up to in the past month. There's plenty of things I've missed about Church activities and classes and random fun things, but I'm really lazy and don't feel like typing anymore. Oh well. One month down, we'll see where the future takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment